Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sports in New England

Now, I do enjoy a good baseball game, but I love me some football. It is Seahawks vs. Chargers tonight and I couldn't be happier. I think the difference between baseball and football, as a viewer, is in baseball you watch your favorite team when you can or listen to them on the radio, but in football you watch the games regardless of the teams playing. I consider myself a Sox fan and a football fan, though I do prefer the Patriots. Maybe in baseball there is less of a need to cheer for the home team. We all know that crazy Yankee fan living in Maine. Or the Los Angeles Dodgers fan living in Dubai, but where is the Patriot hating Giants fan living in Worchester? I mean I could be horribly wrong, but I don't recall meeting an anti-New England Patriot in Patriot territory. But I hear there are Yankee fans living in the area, teaching our kids, and even marrying friends. So what is the deal with these two sports and the difference in being fans of each. I'll have to put more thought into it and get back to you all......

No comments: