Friday, August 24, 2007

Interleague play

So the question of the day is does interleague play help or hurt?

Being a Sox fan I know that EVERY GAME counts, which is why opening day I am on the edge of my seat till the last out just like every other game of the 162 game season. I feel that interleague play is good for fans outside of the Sox "Home Town". Having been designated "America's Team", I have a hard time voting against interleague play, as I wouldn't want to take seeing the Sox play from any Sox fan (even if they live in St Louis). Stupid online writers don't believe in dates for the following quotes (I think they are from June 07), but here it is:
"The Red Sox have the best inter league record at 11-1, with the White Sox, Tigers, Twins and Mariners each losing twice to NL foes."
"The Red Sox are 20-6 in their last 26 interleague home games
The Red Sox are 40-12 in their last 52 interleague games vs. a right-handed starter."
So the world series *crossing fingers* would look good.
Interleague play is ok by me.

4 comments:

luke said...

I'm against it. I'm glad we have a good record and get to beat up on those teams, but I HATE HATE HATE seeing my beloved Boston pitchers standing up at the plate during interleague away games. Its just asking for trouble. And I say this as a fan who has benefited from the ol' team coming down to Philly once in a while, which was nice.

DH rule is getting its own post shortly.

Tuan said...

I enjoyed seeing the occasional Pedro at bat, and I cheered during the highlight of our old boy Bronson when he hit that homerun in his first season away. Pitchers at bat are a fun way to break up the motonony of some of those less than cheerful seasons that the Sox have treated us to.

luke said...

Its all fun and games till someone pulls a hammy rounding second or gets hit in the throwing arm. If I see Beckett or Dice-K slide I have a heart attack.

Josh said...

Because the National League is by far inferior to the American League.

I'm gonna go post on Luke's DH post in more detail.