Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mama said there'd be days like this.

Since I was taught to say nothing if I have nothing nice to say, I'm leaving the Sox talk to someone else. Instead I'll do a bit o teeth talk. I am impressed with my son. "Why" you ask? Because he grew 2 teeth. Rae and I knew he was working on something by the changes in his eating and his sleeping (or lack of sleeping) habits. I know it is a silly thing to be impressed by, but I am nonetheless. There are a lot of things that I am proud of when it comes to Tyler, and yes most of them are silly to non-parents, but all of the parents out there know what I mean. Remember the first time your kid rolled over or reached for you in an effort to get you to pick him / her up? Proud parent moments. Remember when he /she learned to give kisses? Another proud parent moment. Remember when your kid went out and pitched a no-hitter in his second MLB start? Remember when your kid hit his 13th career walk-off home run? I mean... we, as parents, can all agree that it's the little things that make it so worthwhile. And speaking of little things.........2.5 game lead and counting (down unfortunately).

No comments: