Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We are here for you.

Ok I will join my wife in posting today. I will be posting on the parenting side of Raising Sox Fans. I am inspired to tell everyone, especially the expecting parents of Sox fans, DO NOT BUY TOYS!!! I am watching my little guy destroy a magazine. He has been tearing the pages into tiny pieces and has been doing that for a solid five minutes. I am always amazed when he abandons the toy chest (bursting at the seams toy chest) for some everyday free item. I mean we have blinky toys, beeping blinky toys, talking, walking, rolling, singing, ride on, hard, squishy, musical, and every combination toys at his disposal. But today he has played with a frying pan (to pretend to make pancakes and scrambled eggs), the magazine, an empty juice bottle, and the empty raisin box. So I say buy a couple age appropriate toys and keep those junk mail sales fliers handy. Then you can save that money from toys to buy sand for the sand box (story for another time).

No comments: